Jacob L Shelton
- Chase Certified in VA Loans
- Rating 5.0October 6, 2022Underwriting process was frustrating as back end team did not apply enough logic and instead a black and white checklist approach without thinking through (i.e. delaying process requesting translations when all statements where already dual language statements - inc. English, piece mail of RFI).
Beyond this, entire Chase team where great supporting me throughout the process, guiding me as 1st time homebuyer and in a challenging raising & dynamic interest rate market.
- Rating 4.5October 5, 2022Great customer service. I want to give kudos to Jacob Shelton and Michelle Kilby for the great job and amazing customer reach-out. Keep up the good work.
- Rating 5.0July 28, 2022After having done two home purchases and two refinances, I can say that Jacob and his team at Chase was hands down the best I have ever experienced. He was responsive, knowledgeable, customer-focused, and this has been an exceptional experience!
- Rating 5.0March 15, 2022We went through/fired 2 other lenders before coming to Jake. We had a very specific financing obstacle that we'd been battling for years, but Jake was able to resolve it within days of reaching out to him. And, he locked us into a stellar rate right before they hiked! Jake made our home purchase possible. So resourceful, detail oriented, and kind. 6/5 stars.
- Rating 5.0February 11, 2022My wife and I are looking for a home and had a lot of questions since we will be first time home buyers. Jacob is an excellent resource. Let us know about the preapproval letter and let us know what documents we will want to have ready. He sent us an email with his info so we can reach back out to him. When I find a home that fits the budget, he is going to be the first to know. He made this process a lot easier.Response from Jacob L SheltonFebruary 14, 2022Thank you, Travis, for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear Jacob L Shelton's knowledge was helpful to you. If you need assistance in the future, please reach out!
- Rating 5.0February 10, 2022Purchasing a home can be a monumental task full of risk and apprehension. We are so fortunate to have landed in Jacob’s capable hands. I feel confident that our home loan will go through with-out a hitch. Jacob has foreseen our every requirement and has worked behind the scenes to keep us on track. Jacob has been there on weekends and nights answering my silly questions. My best moment was when Jacob told me he was already communicating with the Title co and had arranged the appraisal. I didn’t expect a loan approval process would be such a good experience. Thank you Jacob – you made a real difference.Response from Jacob L SheltonFebruary 11, 2022Daniel, thank you so much for reviewing our services. We are glad Jacob Shelton was able to answer your questions throughout the process. It is our goal to be an advisor and guide during this exciting time. We love working with customers like you and hope you'll use Chase again for any future mortgage needs.
- Rating 5.0February 3, 2022I went to Jacob after another lender was dropping the ball on my home purchase. He was able to get my loan closed in 25 days so I met my closing deadline! Will use him again in the future!!Response from Jacob L SheltonFebruary 7, 2022It was so great to hear your positive review of Jacob L Shelton. Here at Chase, we work hard to meet the unique needs of our customers. Enjoy your new home.
- Rating 5.0February 3, 2022Jacob has been wonderful to work with! He brings knowledge and different ideas to the table that other lenders have not done. His willingness to get back to me no matter if he was on vacation or on the weekend made the process that much easier. I definitely will be referring him to friends and colleagues in the future.Response from Jacob L SheltonFebruary 4, 2022We are so happy that Jacob L Shelton provided such great service to you, Alec. Each situation is unique, and we're glad we were able to be flexible to meet your needs. Thank you for your positive Review.
- Rating 5.0February 3, 2022Working with Jacob has been such an easy experience. Thoroughly pleased with his knowledge and ease to work with during this process. Would highly recommend!Response from Jacob L SheltonFebruary 4, 2022Thank you, Kevin, for sharing your experience with us. It makes us happy to hear that Jacob L Shelton was able to answer all your questions during this process. The pleasure was all ours!
- Rating 5.0February 2, 2022Excellent customer service and expertise! Jake helped fix a credit reporting issue that I had spent countless hours trying to fix myself. Couldn't be happier about our experience!Response from Jacob L SheltonFebruary 3, 2022Mason, we loved reading your review. We are glad to hear Jacob Shelton's knowledge was helpful to you. It was a pleasure working with you and hope you'll choose Chase again in the future!
What Chase offers
Frequently Asked Questions
Buying a home is a huge step, especially when you’re moving from renting to owning.
Once you understand what you want out of a home, determining your housing budget is essential. After determining a loose housing budget, you'll need to decide how much you'll be comfortable paying each month. Your real estate agent will help you find the right home based on all of these factors. Looking for more information? Read our guide on “How to Find the Perfect Home!”
• Your Social Security number
• Pay stubs for the last two months
• W-2 forms for the past two years
• Bank statements for the past two or three months
• One to two years of federal tax returns
• A signed contract of sale (if you've already chosen your new home)
• Information on current debt, including car loans, student loans and credit cards
About Chase Home Lending
1. The NMLS ID is a unique identification number that is issued by the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) to each Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) 2. The annual percentage rate (APR) is the cost of credit over the term of the loan expressed as an annual rate. The APR shown here is based on the interest rate, any points, and mortgage insurance for FHA loans. It does not take into account the processing fee or any other loan-specific finance charges you may be required to pay. Rates are estimated by state and actual rates may vary. Rate, points and APR may be adjusted based on several factors, including, but not limited to, state of property location, loan amount, documentation type, loan type, occupancy type, property type, loan to value and your credit score. Your final rate and points may be higher or lower than those quoted based on information relating to these factors, which may be determined after you apply. Tools and calculators are provided as a courtesy to help you estimate your mortgage needs. Results shown are estimates only. Speak with a Chase Home Lending Advisor for more specific information. Message and data rates may apply from your service provider. FHA loans require an up-front mortgage insurance premium (UFMIP), which may be financed, or paid at closing, and monthly premiums will apply. For the Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM) product, interest is fixed for a set period of time, and adjusts periodically thereafter. At the end of the fixed-rate period, the interest and payments may increase according to future index rates. The APR may increase after the loan closes. 3. This Homebuyer assistance finder (Tool) is provided by Workforce Resource, LLC, and is not affiliated with JPMorgan Chase, N.A. (Chase). The Tool is provided as a courtesy for the purpose of finding available grants in your area. Chase does not guarantee the search results. Program availability and eligibility criteria are subject to change without notice. Neither the accuracy of program information nor the suitability of a program for your situation are guaranteed. The search results displayed should not be considered an exhaustive list of grants that may be available for you. Speak with a Chase Home Lending Advisor for more specific information or to learn about additional programs. 4. The Chase Homebuyer Grant is available on primary residence purchases only. Customer may be eligible for the $2,500 or $5,000 savings when applying for a DreaMaker℠, Standard Agency, FHA and VA home purchase mortgage loan product and where applicable census tract requirements are met. Income limits and homebuyer education apply on a DreaMaker mortgage. The Chase Homebuyer Grant funds will be applied at purchase loan closing first to points on the loan, if any, then to Chase fees, then to non-Chase fees or down payment. Grant funds may not be used for the down payment on an FHA purchase loan. The Homebuyer Grant may be considered miscellaneous income and may be reportable on Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Information) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) to the customer and the IRS, for the year in which they are awarded. We encourage customers to consult with a personal tax advisor for questions about the impact to personal income tax returns. 5. The Chase VA Loan Purchase Closing Cost Benefit will be applied at closing first to points on the loan, if any, then to Chase fees, then to non-Chase fees. Closing cost benefit may not be used for the down payment and any remaining funds will be applied as a principal reduction. The benefit is available only on primary residence purchase loans and is not available for any refinance loans. The Chase VA Loan Purchase Closing Cost Benefit may be considered miscellaneous income and may be reportable on Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Information) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) to the customer and the IRS, for the year in which they are awarded. We encourage customers to consult with a personal tax advisor for questions about the impact to personal income tax returns. Ð'd6. Property search is provided by HouseCanary, Inc. (HouseCanary), a licensed real estate brokerage. HouseCanary, powered by ComeHome, is not affiliated with JPMorgan Chase, N.A. (Chase). ComeHome is provided to you as a courtesy. Chase is not responsible for the real estate services and the search results provided by ComeHome. Restrictions and limitations apply to the access of Chase MyHome. All home lending products are subject to credit and property approval. Rates, program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Not all products are available in all states or for all amounts. Other restrictions and limitations apply. Home lending products offered by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC